The ladder backend is ported to Java. After integration testing the development environment during the past few days, I feel confident enough to go live with the new backend. 1, 2, 3 live!
Players shouldn’t recognize the switch (except maybe a slightly improved performance).
Although the whole thing is written test-driven with a coverage of 93% percent and the fact that I manually tested each usecase with the current app, there might still be bugs that slipped through.
If you notice anything weird about the ladder backend, I’d be glad if you throw me a message!
And the good news: After this being done now, I have time again to add new game content. Yay!
The Spire Magazine wrote an excellent review of Mazebert TD!
The whole article (Russian) can be read here.
I’m currently porting the ladder backend from PHP to Java.
There are a few reasons for me to do that:
- With the root server in place, there’s no need to stick to PHP anymore
- Better flexibility to add new features (I’m much more comfortable in Java than PHP)
- Hands on evaluation of my use case centric open source framework JUsecase
The new ladder backend is completely open source. Feel free to checkout the github repository and see the current progress.
Big thanks to the great people at Github, Travis CI and Coveralls! You’re providing an amazing infrastructure to the open source community.
How strong is the new tower Stonecutter’s Temple in your opinion. Do you make use of it?
It has the same damage bonus effect as Shadow, so I tried to keep things low. How is your experience with it? OP or do we need a buff to keep up with darkness?
Looking forward to your opinions on this topic!
Good news for all iOS users. Version 1.3.0 is now available for iOS, too.
I’m sorry it didn’t work out for Christmas this time.
To make it up a little bit, this weekend the Black Market will once more offer Mjölnir for free.
I just uploaded bugfix release 1.3.1 to Google Play, including the following fixes:
– Duplicate cards can be traded again
– The currently equipped item is not transmuted when double tapping
– Stats depending on level are calculated correctly after replacing tower
– Aura of Unlucky Pants is still effective after replacing the carrier
There are a few reported issues I could not reproduce so far. I’m still trying, but probably need more information and time. I noticed the trade duplicate issue was bugging a lot of you, so I decided to ship a bugfix update with what I have so far.
Happy building (& trading duplicates)!
PS: iOS 1.3.0 still in Apple review!.
As you might have noticed version 1.3 for iOS is not released yet. It is still in the Apple review process, which is in idle mode during the Christmas holidays until December 29th.
This means the iOS version will probably go live beginning of January. When exactly is hard to say, cause the Apple review times are not predictable..
Anyhow, as soon as the iOS version goes live, the Christmas present will be available on the Black Market again for one weekend. This way iOS players also get the chance to fetch it. And Android players who missed it will have a second shot!
Merry Christmas everybody!
Don’t forget to pick up your Christmas present at the Black Market this weekend.
Done! The Christmas release is pushed to the Google Play and Apple App Store!
Don’t forget to visit the Black Market the weekend after Christmas. A free legendary item will wait for you there!
There’s a lot of other new stuff in this version:
Improved card deck usability
No longer swipe until your fingers bleed! Win every drinking contest. And get rid of unique items you do not need.
- Double tap to transmute stack of cards
- Long press to drink stack of potions
- Transmute unique cards to dust
You will find notes from the developer explaining how to use the new deck features:
Don’t forget to collect it! Weekend after Christmas at the Black Market!
Tower related quests
I’m very excited to hear your opinion on this! If it works well, I shall add more of those quests! Right now there is a quest for one unique tower of each element.
Lightblade Academy items
To celebrate the release of my latest game, I added a new item set!
May the force be with you 🙂
A tribute tower to New Zealand’s great nature!
Jack in the Box
A new legendary hero!!
The chair’s electricity can produce more jumps now as the chair levels up…
Back button support on Android
- Before transmuting a unique card, a warning is displayed
- Before building / replacing a unique card, a warning is displayed
- Improved cooldown display precision
- Indicator is shown when a tower reached the fastest / slowest possible cooldown
- Fixed crash that could happen when transmuting items on golden grounds (big thanks to Abbot!)
- Fixed item duplication on golden grounds (big thanks to Abbot!)
- Fixed bug that sometimes maps did not unlock
- Fixed potential creep speed exploit (big thanks to Abbot!)
- Bonus round progress is now saved regularily (big thanks to Abbot!)