scarecrow

For this we who haven't tried the new scare crow I would do so now, with the right setup its a monster.

Oh, how so? As a Carry, or as a "Make sure nothing else sneaks through the end" tower? I'm at work, so I can't play with him just yet.

He super consistent as a carry now.

Ill give it a go once Im done....waiting...for this game to be over :)

This change is INSANE. Before the scarecrow would fire off a big wave of crows, then plink away until it could start reloading 1 at a time. No more. The scarecrow is renamed the FAIRCrow because it is extremely balanced and fair to all creeps. :-) Now it is like an old man with a shotgun... it fires ALL its shots, then reloads them all, then fires all of them again. At level 98 it shoots SEVENTEEN (17) shots at once. Basically multiplying its DPS by 8.5 overall, but always starting each wave with a huge burst. Furthermore, it uses a VERY intelligent targeting mechanism. It figures out how many baddies are in range, and divides up the crows among them evenly. So no shooting 17 crows at MASS creep #1 while 2 thru 30 walk right on by. Now if there are 17 crows, and 8 dudes in range, each one eats 2 crows annd the closest eats 3. He totally DOMINATES all challenges starting at wave 7 onward. He is ridiculous and is now the most powerful tower in the game, except for Biofeld which only becomes viable once youve basically already won. Even if others might technically be stronger under certain circumstance, this guy needs NO potions, no items, etc relative to other cheap carries....thus allowing user to transmute to water of life, use XP boosters, get free XP/drops from Challenges, etc.

I dont really know where to start critizising your post XD Still wolves are more reliable if you play 200 waves/easy/nature only. Because it scales better then scarecrow does. Even if he is a bit more viable right now, he is still a medium-week tower ;) right now all strong towers have to compete with shadow in the late game and there is no one even close. Sadly. -in every gametype with a wavecounter higher then 200, gold gets redundant anyway -exp will always be on the main carry -if you know how, challange waves are no problem (Plenty of towers can kill them, even early on) -You only drink what potions you need and reroll the test. No difference to other towers here :> since you normally pick a tower like: Electirc Chair/Jilly/Rabbit/Shadow etc, which are strong early on, so you can save pots etc. :-P But yeah, he definitly improved a lot ;) But in terms of strong, he has to get nearly to shadow level lategame. Until then ;) i refuse to call him strong :-P

"This change is INSANE. Before the scarecrow would fire off a big wave of crows, then plink away until it could start reloading 1 at a time. No more. The scarecrow is renamed the FAIRCrow because it is extremely balanced and fair to all creeps. Now it is like an old man with a shotgun… it fires ALL its shots, then reloads them all, then fires all of them again. At level 98 it shoots SEVENTEEN (17) shots at once. Basically multiplying its DPS by 8.5 overall, but always starting each wave with a huge burst. Furthermore, it uses a VERY intelligent targeting mechanism. It figures out how many baddies are in range, and divides up the crows among them evenly. So no shooting 17 crows at MASS creep #1 while 2 thru 30 walk right on by. Now if there are 17 crows, and 8 dudes in range, each one eats 2 crows annd the closest eats 3. He totally DOMINATES all challenges starting at wave 7 onward. He is ridiculous and is now the most powerful tower in the game, except for Biofeld which only becomes viable once youve basically already won. Even if others might technically be stronger under certain circumstance, this guy needs NO potions, no items, etc relative to other cheap carries….thus allowing user to transmute to water of life, use XP boosters, get free XP/drops from Challenges, etc." OH MY GOD THIS. Not only is Scarecrow crazy powerful as a carry, but even as a support, you can now load him up with a pair of Frozen items and then giggle as he freezes absolutely everything on the map, or freezes the hell out of a single target. Scarecrow got awesome.

You must not be using scarecrow right, I have managed to get scarecrow to surpass shadow easy, and he destroys bosses as he shoots all his crows at that one boss, I had scarecrow one shorting challenge bosses, put the reaver on him and he makes mass creeps disappear.

Christ, you don't even need the Reaver to do that (Although it becomes hilarious to watch). Load him to bear with Meat Mallets and giggle at the insanity. Scarecrow is great. Although, I need to concede, I still use him as a "last resort" tower at the end.

He can be a main, I have done it a couple times now and it is a comfortable run every time, and this is 500+ waves normal or hard.

And your bonus times? I never said he is weak, but you have to measure him against the high times of shadow. You can beat the 500 waves on normal/hard easy enough with about every tower as a main carry if you want to ^. ^

Disagree with that assessment big time. While I suppose with lucky drops, and perfect waves, sure, you can beat the game with any tower. But you don't even need to try with the Scarecrow, he's amazing. He's bordering on being just as consistent as the Wolf Pack is, where drops and wave composition mean almost nothing to his utility.

I liked the new scarecrow, it carried nicely thru 200 atleast and was kind of fun to watch doing his thing with 17 crows. He doesnt have any scaling after 17 crows tho, and thus has no end-game at all, but I do think there is another great use for him in tower leveling. Im currently testing out how to best use him to level up towers from 40-99 (the slow part) without kill stealing from main carry and seelenreiser, but as of now it is a bit tricky on 200 games, on 500 I belive he will be awesome at leveing with paintings and a bit of speed. Im quite sure there is a great use for scarecrow in that manner, which takes it from beeing an absolutt useless tower to something I might use in most games. Also like mentioned here, it seems to be a good newbie tower. That cant hurt at all, I spent several weeks trying to figure out a way to beat 200 the first time and some more reliable towers in that department is a good thing.

You guys are doing something wrong, I have beat 500 waves into bonus round with him, oneday explain to me

Uhm, well xD Its not about beating the normal waves, its about the possible competition of the survival times ;) AND why you shouldnt use him for a whole 500 waves match is this: You need the time to stack the Ripper/Shadow etc to prepare to get a good time later on ^^ Of course you can easy beat 500 waves with him, thats not the point we talk about .-P

I would argue that it's still a fair comparison. Yes, some people only care about the crazy bonus rounds. Some of us care about unlocking everything. Others still only care about trying self-imposed restrictions. Scarecrow might not have ever-lasting potential like Shadow or Ripper, but he is FAR more consistent than either of them for "normal" play. Personally, I rarely if ever go for long bonus times right now, because having started from scratch, I still need to re-unlock everything for now. After that, I'll still probably devote 80% of my time towards screwing around with silly rules, and maybe 20% (If that) going for dedicated bonus times. I think the concern with him is that for the non-Bonus round stuff, he is currently ridiculous. I started a game on easy this morning, picked the loan shark, picked Scarecrow and left the game, and as of this moment, I'm at 190 out of 200 rounds at 68% Health left with absolutely no interference. That's bordering on too much. Haven't tried him on a 500 round game yet though, so I can't comment on how long the power will last, but for short game, he stands heads and shoulders above Shadow and Ripper.

someone was asking for bonus rounds with shadow only carry? my current record is 4663 for solo scarecrow on 200/hard/twisted paths, which is currently #1 for that category. It wasn't even remotely difficult, scarecrow did all the work for me. And it wasn't an optimal run at all. I just did a 500/hard/blood moor at 19936 that utilized scarecrow's ease of use (he doesn't even need potions! or good luck, i got terrible drops), though he wasn't solo carry there, but he was solo primary for probably 90% of my total playtime.

Yeah, Scarecrow is a little TOO consistent in the current implementation. Maybe a longer delay between crow attacks, or a smaller range, or SOMETHING could help give him a more focused role.

imo scarecrow had a use before this patch. if your solo carry tower was bad against horseman or single challenges, you could swap your main carry to a scarecrow for that one hit burst damage, and then switch it back to the tower you were using before. i liked it as that, just a temporary boss killer if need be. i think it'd be cool actually if there was more use for switching towers out on the fly for early/early-mid game.

See that's funny, I only ever used him towards the end of the map as a "cleanup" tower, for the same use as you suggested. He's way too easy to use now though, they've kinda stolen his use.