Farewell

It is with a heavy heart that I must share some difficult news with all of you. After much consideration, I have made the regretful decision to step away from the development of Mazebert TD, marking the end of its journey. For the past decade, Mazebert TD has been my passion project. I have dedicated countless hours to refining gameplay, introducing new features, and ensuring a seamless experience across Android, iOS, and Windows platforms. Your unwavering support and enthusiasm have been the driving force behind my dedication. However, the toll of maintaining the server and updating the apps has become overwhelming. As a lone developer, I have reached a point of burnout where I must prioritize my own well-being. Therefore, I'm removing the game from the app stores in the next days. This means that no new users will be able to download the app. As of August 1st, 2023, I will be shutting down the Mazebert TD server and the online functionality will cease to exist. I want to express my deepest gratitude to each and every one of you who has been a part of this incredible community. Your feedback, bug reports, and suggestions have been invaluable in shaping the game. I have been humbled by the friendships and connections that have blossomed within this community. I apologize for any disappointment or inconvenience this decision may cause. It was not taken lightly. Sometimes, in order to move forward, we must make difficult choices and let go of what has become an integral part of our lives. Thank you for being a part of this incredible journey! Cheers, Andy PS: I have decided to open source the core simulation of Mazebert TD. For those of you who are interested, you will have the opportunity to continue the game's legacy. Whether it's making a client with better graphics, adding 3D models, or even using the source code as inspiration for your own tower defense game, I hope this will provide a platform for further creativity and innovation within the community.

Thank you for your passion and dedication

Thanks for helping us all relive starcraft feelings right from our phone! I hope you go far in life...you did amazing!

wow, shocking news :( andy, thank you soooooo much for creating this masterpiece and pushing it forward with such zeal for so long. although the reasons described make sense, i sincerely hope that you will consider returning. 1 year, 5 years... whatever. propably not necessary to mention at that point, but BEST TD on phone!

OMG, i'm shocked. Im really sad and heartbroken for this news, but your health Will always be above everything. Thanks for giving me some of the Best hours of My entire life. This is and Will be the Best TD ever!!

This is sad to read but burnout is no joke. As many have stated this has been the best TD I have had the pleasure to play. I appreciate all the time you put into this and hopefully someone win use the code for good, and not pay to win.

Dude. Been playing for several years, discord member, never posted. Not really my thing. Though I have greatly used the strats/stats everybody goes nuts with. Totally owe you all for that. Anyways, started playin games when they were these huge machines, we called them arcades. Used eat all my damn change. Lulz, bad dad joke. But never mind all that. I had a stupid amount of fun. Thank you, thank you very much. If I don't see ya, best of luck and God bless.

Take care of yourself. I hope there is hope and good luck in the future. This has been an epic journey.

Thanks andy I won't forget 10 years

I only discovered this recently, but incredible work for a solo developer. Thanks for your time and effort. And - a good decision to focus on yourself and finding a healthy balance. All the best.

Alamak dah nak tutup ke...😭

Thank you for the kind words and empathy everyone ❤️

It will forever be my favorite TD game. From almost the start of the game till now has been incredible. The love I have for this game and helping shape it into what it is today, well there are no words to describe it. What you did with this game is incredible. I'm very sad to hear that this is the end of are long journey Andy. You are an inspiration for what you have accomplished by yourself. I wish you the world brother!

I don’t think I’ve ever said anything but I’ve been playing on and off since almost the beginning. This has really been one of my favorite games ever across all platforms. Thank you for creating this. I’m so sad to hear the news. Thank you thank you thank you

I'm quite interested in using the core in a new game I'm working on based on threejs and babylonjs. Please make sure to announce the github repo for open-source as soon as it is published. I've wasted months on the engine, loved the mechanics. Would be greatly appreciated if I can get my hands on it. I hope your next project brings you better fortunes. Thanks for keeping things going for as long as you have...

One of the greatest td ive ever been played, thank you for making this game,

Damn this has been some of the most fun I've had on a mobile game the last 5 years. Good luck with your future endeavors.

You made a wonderful game that gave me hours of joy and not once over the better part of a decade have i gotten bored of this game, truly a gem forged by passion!

no words can explain how wonderful this game andy thank you for all efforts you give in the game .. from philippines

Thanks for everything.. cheers and all the best for your future

Wow. This game has been in my phone since my Samsung galaxy note 3…. Thank you for all this time, Andy….

Welp. I even have 2 accounts for this game lol.

Moin Andy, vielen Dank für deine fantastische Arbeit! Du hast das bei weitem beste Spiel für Android entwickelt und perfektioniert! Vielen Dank für deine passion an diesem spiel! Wünsche dir viel Glück auf deinem Weg, frohe grüße

Thank you for this wonderful tower defence that you made over the years. It's been improving so much over time. I wish you the best!

Thank you, came across your game at the beginning of covid. Enjoyed it very much. Wish you luck in future. Farewell.

Bugger :-/ I've played forever (decade for sure).. (with breaks lol) Thanks Andy for all the fun! And yes.. there is NO TD out there that beats this for longevity, it's been a blast :-)

Terima kasih atas permainan yang luar biasa ini, walaupun sulit untuk menaikkan peringkat tetapi permainan ini sangat menyenangkan. Terima kasih Andy atas keseruan yang saya dapat selama 5 tahun memainkan dan memahami permainan ini. Semoga Anda diberi kesehatan dan ide cemerlang yang lain untuk dapat menciptakan permainan dengan keseruan yang lebih. Semoga ini bukanlah sebuah perpisahan. Salam

Vielen Dank für deine Arbeit. Ich spiele seit Jahren immer wieder und es ist definitiv das beste TD mobile game, das es gibt. Kaum ein Spiel im App store bietet eine so große Tiefe. Ich hoffe, du lässt es dir gut gehen und dein Leben verläuft so gut es eben geht. Hab ein schönes Leben.

You created the best Td I have ever played. Thanks a lot for everything, I hope things will get better for you

Probably the only game that has spanned about 4 different phones I've had. Amazing game, and always one that survives the purges! Hope all goes well for you and that you get your head back into game creation eventually. Clearly one of the best indie developpers EVER! Good luck with the future.

Thanks for creating an amazing game and countless hours of fun. We appreciate you, best of luck with all your future endeavors.

Thank you for this wonderful and amazing game. You did a lot of hard work over the years but you managed to make a TD game that was both fun and challenging. I hope for the best for you. Take care and pursue other hobbies you enjoy.

Thank you for the ten years of fun and challenge! I hope you find your next inspiration soon.

Thank you for all the emotions and pleasant hours. I can safely say that you have made the best TD of all that I have played. . There will be a lack of a black market)

Hey, thank you so much for all the kind words! This really means a lot to me. In the meantime I've been working on a version of the game, that does not need a server. I'm plannnig to release this version when the server shuts down. This way it will still be possible to play the game locally as it is meant to be. Submitting games, quests, foil cards, card forge and even black market will be working (with the same black market offer for everyone). The only thing I didn't manage to preserve is multiplayer coop games.

It is sad to hearing this news, really appreciate your dedication and efforts that put in and make the invaluable games play experience. Thank you so much. Thanks you for brought us the game experience that you would like to have and share it by free. I know how difficult to build this app all alone. Take cares, who knows may be some day you will pick this all up and bring us again another game play experience level in the future! (I am really hoping able to see that. ) Thank you and goodbye, Andy!

Wow.... I guess this didn't come out of nowhere but still. I wish you all the best. You truly made a great game, you can be proud of that, forever! And I hope it gave you experience, so you have grown professionally too. I want to say so much, but in the end I just want you to know you did something special.

Dang.. so sad to hear. Ive been your soppurter/player maybe 5 or 6 year but i am not active in this community not until today ive seen the "farewell" and clicked on it. Go forward sir.. wish you all the best.. hope we still could turn things up.. thank you very much

Thanks so much for your time Andy. Wish you the best. Stay healthy our dude 😀 Best TD I've played on the phone ever.

Well at one point I had the supporter titles, high level, and alot of cards, but I switched phones a lost it all, but I hope you continue making great games in the future, please keep us updated of anything you are apart of in the future ♡

We playing with my wife a lot of hours, log in here to say - thank you, we love that game so much, and thank you one more time for your job. From Russia with love <3

As a casual player, I still can't believe that this was a lone project. Wish you the best in your future path.

I really enjoy playing this incredible game. Complex strategies and tactics make this the best tower defense game available. Great work. Best of luck for you and the road ahead.

Andy, thank you so much for hours of fun I have had. I wish you all the best.

Others have said it, but seriously thank you. I spent soo many hours on this game on and off since the beginning and truly appreciate the uncountable hours you poured into the best TD game ever. You have more then earned the break, but if you ever decide a new project even just for fun, please let us know!!!!

Yeah!! Andy, if you ever make another game or working in another project please let us know. There's a lot of people here that love what you did and for sure will love any other masterpiece you would like to share.

Appreciating for the fun time you brought in past years. Best TD I've played ever.

Ah, and here I was wondering what the next season would be. Guess it's a season of well deserved rest. Thank you for making this game, I've played it in frantic bursts for so many years now. Regardless of how you feel about it, the game is good enough to pull me back in on repeat. It can be hard to step back after a long time, I know that much. I hope that you can take all the good will and well wishes from not only me, but everyone else here. Thank you again. ^-^

Oh! Shocking news, just got back from my 6 year old phone. So sad to see that in less than a month it will close. Nevertheless, I support your decision to put your health on top. God Bless you.

Türkiye'den katılıyorum aranıza ve yıllardır oynuyordum bu oyunu (Andy) gerçekten çok teşekkür ediyorum sana herşey gönlüne göre olsun Türkiye'den selamlar 🇹🇷

I've only played the game for a short while but I loved it and I hope you have luck in your next endeavour.

:( wishing you all the best!!!

Karşılıgında hiçbir şey beklemeden yıllarca beni bu kadar eğlendirdiğin için teşekkür ederim.

Thank you, Andy! Big thanks for years with the best TD in phones.

Hey everyone, thank you so much for all your encouraging posts. Today, with a mix of sadness and gratitude, it's time to say goodbye to the Mazebert TD server. You've all been incredible defenders of the castle, and I can't thank you enough for your support and encouragement. As a parting gift, I've open-sourced the core simulation code of Mazebert TD. Feel free to check it out here: https://github.com/casid/mazebert-simulation. Though the official server is going offline, I'm transferring this site to a static readonly website so that the content you created over time isn't lost. I'm also working on releasing the offline version to the App Stores and providing a download for Windows. Thank you for making Mazebert TD an unforgettable experience. It's been an honor to journey alongside you all. With heartfelt thanks, Andy