Release Notes 1.3

Done! The Christmas release is pushed to the Google Play and Apple App Store! Don't forget to visit the Black Market the weekend after Christmas. A free legendary item will wait for you there! There's a lot of other new stuff in this version:

Improved card deck usability

No longer swipe until your fingers bleed! Win every drinking contest. And get rid of unique items you do not need.
  • Double tap to transmute stack of cards
  • Long press to drink stack of potions
  • Transmute unique cards to dust
You will find notes from the developer explaining how to use the new deck features: [caption id="attachment_6608" align="alignleft" width="200"]A mini tutorial item added to your stash. One of three mini tutorial cards.[/caption]

Dust cards

Two unique cards of any kind can be transmuted into a random dust card: Potion-23-cardPotion-20-card Potion-21-cardPotion-22-card

Christmas present

Don't forget to collect it! Weekend after Christmas at the Black Market! [caption id="attachment_6649" align="alignleft" width="200"]What might it be? What might it be?[/caption]

Tower related quests

I'm very excited to hear your opinion on this! If it works well, I shall add more of those quests! Right now there is a quest for one unique tower of each element. tower_quests_unique

Snow!

It is snowing on Blood Moor and Shattered Plains in the months December, January and February! winter-is-coming

Lightblade Academy items

To celebrate the release of my latest game, I added a new item set! May the force be with you :-) [caption id="attachment_6590" align="alignleft" width="200"]A charming little robot! A charming little robot![/caption] [caption id="attachment_6589" align="alignleft" width="200"]This is the greatest weapon in the galaxy, right? This is the greatest weapon in the galaxy, right?[/caption] [caption id="attachment_6591" align="alignleft" width="200"]Full set in the inventory. Full set in the inventory.[/caption]

Stonecutter's Temple

This tower should bring Metropolis back in the game. Brace yourself, Darkness! stonecuttersstonecutters_ingame

Kiwi

A tribute tower to New Zealand's great nature! [caption id="attachment_6735" align="alignleft" width="200"]A very rare egg... A very rare egg...[/caption] [caption id="attachment_6734" align="alignleft" width="200"]...will turn into a kiwi! ...will turn into a kiwi![/caption]

Jack in the Box

A new legendary hero!! jack_in_the_box

Electric Chair

The chair's electricity can produce more jumps now as the chair levels up...

Back button support on Android

Finally the native back button of Android is supported on all screens. On the main menu you now have the option to completely shut down Mazebert the Android way! back_on_android

Improvements

• Before transmuting a unique card, a warning is displayed
  • Before building / replacing a unique card, a warning is displayed
  • Improved cooldown display precision
  • Indicator is shown when a tower reached the fastest / slowest possible cooldown

Bugfixes

• Fixed crash that could happen when transmuting items on golden grounds (big thanks to Abbot!)
  • Fixed item duplication on golden grounds (big thanks to Abbot!)
  • Fixed bug that sometimes maps did not unlock
  • Fixed potential creep speed exploit (big thanks to Abbot!)
  • Bonus round progress is now saved regularily (big thanks to Abbot!)
Have fun!!!

I am so ready for this. Also I forgot to ask originally, but do we have to unlock the new item set with the forge? Or is it unlocked automatically? Same question with the Stonecutter Temple. Also, so stoked for the smaller changes added in. Electric Chair was a cool concept that never seemed fun to use, this sounds much better. And the indicator could be crazy useful, if I'm picturing it correctly.

Hehe, I'm super excited as well! Hope everything goes well and there won't be any technical difficulties. All uniques are directly available to play with (new set, temple). Only the legendaries need to be unlocked. Oh, and I love to see the Electric Chair becoming a more frequently used carry!

chair is my favorite metro carry haha, awesome. Andy, this is nothing short of amazing. Thank you for all that you do! so it's safe to say scepter of Time can be safely used in bonus round now?

Love this update! Thank you so much for all the hard work you put into my favorite game!!!

Thanks! Very happy to hear that :-) Not yet... I only corrected the display part. Plus, the cooldown cannot get below the min cap anymore. Which should be fine with Scepter @60fps. Scepter @30fps with minimum cooldown should still have an impact. The proper way for this would be some kind of "physics" loop that calculates hits much faster than the rendering loop updates. But this is going to require a lot of work on the game mechanics internals..

Thank you for the heads up :-) Glad you enjoy the update!!!

Hey anyone have problem trading duplicate cards, im afraid we have problem....

Yeah, having the same issue.

i've same problem. can't swipe up golden card duplicates...

Hi Andy! Nice update and nice to be back. BTW, a while ago, i found that when i go to ladder then to developer's inn and go to my wizard in seconds, my mazebert crashes. :-) FYI.

Thanks for reporting this issue. I will create a fix as soon as I'm back home at my development PC after Christmas!

When will it be released?

The version was submitted to both platforms on December, 18th. The Android version is already live since December, 18th. The iOS version is still in Apple Review. As Apple Review has Christmas holidays from 22nd-28th, it will probably be next year for iOS version to go live :-(

Holiday ruined

"Holiday ruined." That's hilarious. For what it's worth, when you get to play it, it's an awesome update.