Save code forgotten?

advent-calendar-11 Starting with version 1.0 players will have the option to add their email address to their ladder account. Until now, it happened quite a few times that players lost their data because of getting a new phone, losing their old phone or simply losing their phone's data. If they didn't write down their game's savecode before, they were practically lost. In a lot of cases I looked up their savecode in the database after they gave me their player name and level. But it always felt odd to me to give players this information while I didn't really know for sure whether this is the player or maybe someone else who wants to get access to a high level profile in the ladder! This is why I re-worked the entire sign-up/login process in 1.0! When new players sign up, they are asked in a second step if they want to add their e-mail to their profile or not. Of course, this step is optional! If the e-mail is added, a short mail is sent with a nice little 'hello friend' including the savecode for future reference. Of course existing players are able to add an e-mail to their existing profile as well! [caption id="attachment_4207" align="alignleft" width="200"]New players will enter their wizard name like before. New players will enter their wizard name like before.[/caption] [caption id="attachment_4208" align="alignleft" width="200"]After sign up they can optionally get their code sent by email. After sign up they can optionally get their code sent by email.[/caption]
When starting a fresh install of Mazebert TD and logging in, there is now a 'forgot savecode' option. If the entered e-mail address was added to a profile previously, an e-mail with the profile's savecode will be sent to that e-mail address! [caption id="attachment_4209" align="alignleft" width="200"]The new mask to login with an existing savecode. The new mask to login with an existing savecode.[/caption] [caption id="attachment_4210" align="alignleft" width="200"]If an email was added previously, the savecode can be sent to that address! If an email was added previously, the savecode can be sent to that address![/caption]
What do you think about this new feature? Are you going to add your e-mail address to your ladder profile, or do you prefer a solid pen & paper note as a backup plan?