Making Blofeld Relevent

I was playing a Nature/Metropolis game today and came to a startling realization: The Blofeld Laser Satellite is the only tower in the entire game that becomes objectively worse as time goes on in the Bonus round. Many towers gain in power (Ripper, Balu, Muli) or at the very least, stay the same (Dark Forge, Hitman, Scarecrow). Blofeld, on the other hand, consumes gold to fire, without being able to replenish that gold in any way (Save for excessive Pocket Thief use, which is unfortunately unviable). In my opinion, there's two very obvious solutions to make this tower usuable: -Give Bonus Round creeps a gold value. So long as we have a method to continue to generate gold in the bonus round (Without using Interest, which would compound out of control), Blofeld can at least maintain its usefulness with minor scaling. -Give the Pocket Thief scaling all the way up to Level 99. As it stands, once you've broken through the early game, there is absolutely no reason to run the Pocket Thief. The later rounds earn far more from Interest than you can ever hope to earn off of her, and in the bonus round, she doesn't earn fast enough to keep up with what the Blofeld uses. Say, +1 Gold per level. Chances are, we won't see her get to Level 99, but if she does, I feel the play has earned that bonus income. With those two, the Blofeld Laser Satellite might have a purpose besides becoming half of a Card Dust potion.

Bonus creeps do drop gold. And its not hard to get all Towers to lvl 99. That should be kept in mind

"Bonus creeps do drop gold." Are you sure? Because I went for about 9,000 seconds on my last run, and I never once saw the gold go up from the 2.7M I had to start. I can play again to reverify, but even still, the point still remains: The gold level in the Bonus is way too low to ever even dream of utilizing the Blofeld Laser Satellite. When I finally did start to have creeps get through to where I had Blofeld (Very last spot on the default course), it was consuming gold at an absolutely gratuitous rate (I dropped below 2 million within a matter of minutes) which means it could never, ever, be considered a usable carry in the bonus round. "And its not hard to get all Towers to lvl 99. That should be kept in mind" It's not hard, but it is long. You're not going to have a Level 99 Pocket Thief unless you've gone out of your way to focus on getting her to Level 99, and even then, she'd be making a hundred gold every fourth shot or so (Or whatever the balancing decided was fair on a per-level basis). Her current implementation though is useless. Once the early game is done, she'll never earn as much as a Money Bin does passively.

They do drop i am certain. But i think its linke the normal waves later on 1k per wave. So of you dont have some money bin and the black widow in range. It really makes no difference. Mind that if you put your best DMG items on biofield the money loss is less because it uses base DMG as calculation basis for the costs not final DMG. Still in my 500 wave runs I get about 340M gold. And biofield is a nice last resort. But my shadow has more DPS at the point when I start leaking. Because abyss has I think more than 50k procs. So even with that much money I won't use it. A tweak would be nice. I agree with that. About the pocket thief I am not against a buff I just wanted to point out that it easy to get towers to 99 (ganesha present and using scientists or jillies). And then you just replace them. This just has to be remembered. But in the end I agree.

"They do drop i am certain. But i think its linke the normal waves later on 1k per wave. So of you dont have some money bin and the black widow in range. It really makes no difference." Ah, OK then. I just thought it was odd. I was gaining gold no problem during the standard waves (I did have Black Widow there, and I think just two Money Bins in range of my main carries), but the moment the Bonus round hit my income completely and utterly stalled for some reason. I did have a Muli present, but because he fires basically nonstop, he never really had a chance to consume my gold. "Mind that if you put your best DMG items on biofield the money loss is less because it uses base DMG as calculation basis for the costs not final DMG." I did do that (Well, not just damage, but a few Multicrit boosts and Crit Chance as well), although because he took quite a few hits to kill, and I had a Herb Witch near him, he ended up pulling gold like crazy. "Still in my 500 wave runs I get about 340M gold. And biofield is a nice last resort. But my shadow has more DPS at the point when I start leaking. Because abyss has I think more than 50k procs. So even with that much money I won’t use it." Damn, although I see you're using multiple decks. The only time I do is when I'm trying to get a Metropolis carry (I like using Muli). Maybe that has something to do with why I can't seem to get that high up. Maybe that would also paint a different picture of using Blofeld as a primary carry. "About the pocket thief I am not against a buff I just wanted to point out that it easy to get towers to 99 (ganesha present and using scientists or jillies). And then you just replace them. This just has to be remembered." Yep, some towers I get to 99 no problem, but I just thought a Pocket Thief would be a bit more of a challenge. I did have one within range of Ganesha, using a pair of Paintings and three Norl's Guardians (With an absolutely silly amount of Key of Wisdoms going off), still only got her to 99 deep in to the bonus wave. Anyways, just wanted to say thanks for the reply! Always fun discussing things with the community. =)

Well considering your bonus was 9k secs I would also say hitting lvl 99 is kinda late( and maybe near impossible for all towers depending on the setup). It takes some time but time is no real problem when you can safely play for more than 30k secs. I can only say thanks myself. I like these conversations.