suggestions and improvments

Hello Ive been playing for sometime and i noticed little things that may need an improvement, also i want to suggest some ideas that might be intresting to you guys. 1. let key of wisdom ignore units with lvl 99 and instead focus on towers that not level capped already. 2. give Manituo a scaling on something.. adding a crit damage/multicrit aura that scales with level might be intresting. 3. add an extra female tower to nature so we can make use of the females bag and the game is lacking female towers anyways. 4. dungeon door is way so underpowered for an epic item in my opinion. i suggest that adding an extra goblins based on level (simmilar to the greed tower) would make it better.. also remove the luck facter and instead put a chrage system (exactly as Irish Pub and mr iron). Every 3 minutes it charges up and you can click it to summon goblins. 5. now we leveling up for one goal which is to increase our skill points, thus, making the game a little easier by each level. I say why not make it more intresting and amusing? for example, put some perks in addition to skills. what i mean by perks is some "passive" power that you get after achieving a specific level. for example, at hero level 10 all towers with 2 range or less will get an additional 1 range. at level 20, the first unit you kill will always drop a blue potion.. and hence for each specific level just to make the leveling system more rewarding as it is now.. to give players something to look at after each level. ill be editing this thread pretty much as i play and figure out some new stuff,, also im open to any comments.

Hi Midawx, hope you dont mind that I attach my suggestion here. May be this post can be collection post of suggestion & improvement later, who knows? For those towers like ripper, shadow, monkey they could gain bonus boost along the game by chances. Since this is unique to that kind of tower, I suggest that it could be keep a portion of bonus that it gained after it swapped and swapped back(as penalty rather than fall from heaven to hell! :-) ). For example, shadow gained bonus damage against specific armor, let say 50% on each, I hope it can remain some of it after swapped to other tower and swap back. Like shadow with 50% on fal armor then swap to X tower(no bonus after swapped to X), and then swap back to shadow, its bonus on fal could keep half from its original bonus, 25% on fal and so on. I think this could be more fun rather than reset to 0 again. Of course balancing is one of concerns that we could set the portion that keep differently for each type of towers. This is only for tower effect bonus, we can remain existing potion boost bonus as promised we will not losing it unless we sold/demolished it.

"1. let key of wisdom ignore units with lvl 99 and instead focus on towers that not level capped already." Dear god yes. It's frustrating as hell when you see the green XP notifications on a maxed out tower. "2. give Manitou a scaling on something.. adding a crit damage/multicrit aura that scales with level might be intresting." Crit Damage would be cool. Multicrit could make for an interesting idea (As Manitou is damn near impossible to pump levels in to), but I would fear for the balance of it. "3. add an extra female tower to nature so we can make use of the females bag and the game is lacking female towers anyways." To be fair there is a female nature tower, and she's among my favourite towers in the game. That said, I'm never against more towers showing up in the game. "4. dungeon door is way so underpowered for an epic item in my opinion. i suggest that adding an extra goblins based on level (simmilar to the greed tower) would make it better.. also remove the luck facter and instead put a chrage system (exactly as Irish Pub and mr iron). Every 3 minutes it charges up and you can click it to summon goblins." Dungeon Door could be buffed simply by moving its effect to every round, instead of every three minutes. We typically don't want Goblins in the bonus round (More enemies to deal with), but would love more Goblins early on. "5. now we leveling up for one goal which is to increase our skill points, thus, making the game a little easier by each level. I say why not make it more intresting and amusing? for example, put some perks in addition to skills. what i mean by perks is some “passive” power that you get after achieving a specific level. for example, at hero level 10 all towers with 2 range or less will get an additional 1 range. at level 20, the first unit you kill will always drop a blue potion.. and hence for each specific level just to make the leveling system more rewarding as it is now.. to give players something to look at after each level." This is coming from someone who's favourite gaming experience is becoming a god in Morrowind and breaking any semblence of balance - That system would be ludicrously unfair. Towers with two range (And especially one range) have that for balance. Making a two into a three would suddenly turn a bunch of towers crazy powerful - the single range towers alone would go from "pretty good" to "why would you ever build anything else". As for the Blue Potion, if it turned out to be Water of Life, then right out of the gates you have a pretty excessive advantage as well. If we would get passives, they would have to be smaller than the chosen skills, otherwise they would completely dwarf them in utility.

Well i agree with you, what i mentioned about adding an extra range is absurd but i was giving examples :p.. if i was a dev ill pretty much damn the game with buffing this and that.. every single tower will be wreaking havoc at level one :p.. so i know im aint into numbers and balance stuff but leveling gets boring man, there is no other goal than just getting extra points into skills and improving your ladder position (which i dont really care about), if you played pc mmorpg games such as WoW, there is these passive perks that you get after some levels and they make you look forward into the next level whenever you level up. however, there is no point to make them small as you mentioned, 1% damage that youll get at hero level 10 wont quench my thrist to be honest, id rather like a unique strong passive since it takes lomg to level up. cheers

The issue with that set-up on a Tower Defense vs an MMORPG, is that an MMORPG has varying areas of difficulty. The game is designed so that even with those perks, you can still go somewhere and find a challenge. A Tower Defense game doesn't have that option (As much). Under your idea the game is either set-up to be a cakewalk later on, and challenging to start. Or challenging later on, and impossible to start. I do agree that the game needs more stuff to aim for rather than relying on RNG. However, I would argue making the game even more easy across the board isn't the answer (In fact, Medium and Hard could stand to take a few more difficulties). I feel it would likely drain even more enjoyment from it. The content schedule is helping a lot for replayability to me. Every time I get used to the "new thing", something else comes along and I get to try it out too. Other maps could be pretty fun too.

The reason behind my idea is not to make the game any easier despite it will enhance your hero and probably will make it, eh.. easier..to climb, but actually to get a reward on something that took you long to do it. Leveling takes longer the more you climb then the reward should increase and gain more powerful. However, i agree with you that it will make it a cakewalk for the hardcore players who achieved alot, then what do you think about the idea of making it a double edged sword.. like most of the items in the game. For example, when you achieve hero level 10 you'll get the option to start with a yellow potion of your choose, but you wont get any white or blue potions the rest of the game? (except for the mead bottles).

I don't know, it's kinda hard for me to say thumbs up or thumbs down without actually getting my hands on it. This is one of the reasons I was hoping we'd get a Dev version of the game for PC, to play around with stuff and say "Yes, good addition" or "No, needs further balancing".