Necronomicon with Dagon + Idun

Balance Problem Necronomicon can now spawn limitless cultist waves. A huge number seems reasonable and aligned with the Mazebert strategy environment, but limitless is too strong. My proposed fix 1. Change spawned wave type 2. Compensate soul cost 1. Change spawned wave type The spawned cultist waves should be typed as Cthulhu Acolytes. Breaking the feedback loop ends the infinite cultist spawning. The new wave type would be basically the same as Cultists but they are in-training and don't count towards Necronomicon's soul count. 2. Compensate soul cost Adjust souls required for Necronomicon from 50 to 30. Because Necronomicon has always had a feedback loop, there's never been a need for 50 new cultists to be spawned by the game. It's usually around 30-40 that need to be spawned before you can use the book again. It seems ok to keep Necronomicon strong. I think the 50 to 30 change will make Necronomicon slightly stronger for non-abuse cases. Idun and Dagon still make this much stronger than normal, but without the feedback loop, that seems fine. If Necronomicon is considered too strong, then adjust the cost to 40 souls.

fully agree to fuzzy's "limitless is too strong" to mention another approach: decoupling necronomicon from dagon skill, would also break the feedbackloop.

Yes, but.. that's what Dagon's skill is: 2x effects. I guess you could still decouple it there, "The Necronomicon is beyond even the great Dagon's powers to influence" or some other flavor text. It seems like a more complicated explanation. Oh .... Well,... My explanation isn't simple either. Good point.

only suggested it, to keep the option availeble to "feed" one in multiplayer. singleplayer would be affecteded in another way.

"Yes, but.. that's what Dagon's skill is: 2x effects." the most obvious answer was not seen... it costs 50 souls to summon cultists. by dagon and any other hero. this value could be doubled by dagons skill. cripling dagon would also ask for a nerf on cthulhu ;(

Necronomicon now generates 2 souls per creep and costs double to summon a cultist wave. Excellent interpretation of "2x effects" :)

all other cultist items get their downside doubled too. chainsaw range x2 and necronomicon cost x2 would fit the description...