Game crash

Hi! I finished the Blood Moorswith DoL for the first time today, and my game crashed during the bonus round. I get a dialogue saying: ``` # Unexpected Error Oh dear, the game simulation just crashed: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'float com.mazebert.m.q.g.lc.Z()' on a null object reference ``` It seems the game saves its state right before the crash, so I can resume it and get the crash again. Which means I have a 100% reproducer if it helps debug it. ๐Ÿ™‚ The crash first happened right after changing some towers, so I thought one of the towers was in a bad state and was causing the bug. So I tried to sell all the towers, but the game crashes again a bit after unpausing. Now that the field is clearer though (no more towers), I can see a monster which doesn't move. I think it's from a Training Hologram? If I place a tower nearby the game crashes as soon as it attacks that monster. If I just wait without any tower, the game crashes when my HP reaches 0. (So I can't finish that game, which means that couple hours are lost ๐Ÿ˜ญ) So it seems that what caused the problem might be that I changed the Training Hologram into something else while it had spawned a monster, before another tower killed it?

Thinking about it some more, I'm going to go on a wild guess hereโ€ฆ The monster has a pointer to the Training Hologram that spawned it. Since I replaced the tower, that pointer is now null. Whenever the monster is killed, the game tries to give XP (a float) to the tower, and that ends up calling that function on the null pointer. The monster gets killed in one of two ways: - a tower attacks it; - I lose, which finishes the game and kills all remaining monsters; That explains everything I observed. The fix would be for that function adding XP to the Training Hologram to check if the pointer is null (the monster "lost" its tower) and do nothing if it. Did I get this right? ๐Ÿ™‚

Pretty flawless analysis of the crash! Yes, the hologram tower is sold and when the creep dies, it tries to grant the experience to the no longer existing tower. It is already fixed with version 2.0.3. Android and Desktop versions are already available, the iOS version is still in Apple review. Once you upgrade, you will be able to continue your game!

I can confirm that after the update I could finally finish this game. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Very happy to have been able to collect the rewards, even though this all caused me to lose super quickly in the bonus round. Thanks for fixing it so quickly!

Nice analysis. At some point we need a poll to see how many people here know how to program. Maybe this game is like a geek filter๐Ÿ˜