Withered Set Question

I was wondering how exactly the amp damage works. I read in the forums somewhere that it stacked on the creeps it hit. So does it make it a support item? i originally thought that it increased the main tower's damage with each hit. Thanks in advance

Two items in the Withered set gives the chance to send Creeps back in time (The description says 1s but I've found its effect pretty random). All three gives the set-holder a damage-stacking effect than goes up on a per-hit basis for the tower that has that set. For a Support tower, I typically do the two repeatable ones, unless it's the main support tower, in which case I might move Mummy Bandages over in exchange for the Rotten Toadstool. Personally, I never put the three on any one tower, but that's just personal choice.

As Romeo says, but i believe its a waste not to use all 3 on either a secondary carry or a strong support tower =) i know from my previous games sometime i had gib make 1 billion dmg with it, but by then 1 B dmg is as useful as a submarine on land. Romeo, i can explain why you feel that the 1s pushback is not always 1s, it is because that if you tower shoots very fast or you have 2 part withered equipped by many the pushback can seem like it is more that 1 sec if the pushback procs several times simultaneously =) and a second exlaination is that if you have the scepter of time equipped it might distort some things for you as an observer(i often feel that my towers leak more with the scepter equipped) so i still think that everything is as it should be :D i also had the idea that the damage amplification was locked on the creep and not to the tower as it really is, the tower that has the 3 set withered equipped gets the bonus dmg and none other. the 3 set is half support/half dps the 2 set is purely support and works wonders with the 3 set impatience =) <--- use this combo on all towers except for: forge, DK, knus, mani, and ofc primary and secondary carry, GIB is optional but i think i prefer the 3 set withered on him instead of impatience :D

Mhh i d like to hear Form Andy about the withered set DMG AMP. I also would have thought its for all Towers.

"Romeo, i can explain why you feel that the 1s pushback is not always 1s, it is because that if you tower shoots very fast or you have 2 part withered equipped by many the pushback can seem like it is more that 1 sec if the pushback procs several times simultaneously =) and a second exlaination is that if you have the scepter of time equipped it might distort some things for you as an observer(i often feel that my towers leak more with the scepter equipped) so i still think that everything is as it should be" For me it's because on the basic level, there's a spot where my Mr. Iron can hit and send the creeps back to a spot where he can't hit them again until they advance, yet I've had him shoot them back way further than that, allowing him to get back to attacking them (Which allows him to strike them all the way back to the start). I don't have a scientific "It can be this or that" or anything, but the effect rarely feels consistent. "Mhh i d like to hear Form Andy about the withered set DMG AMP. I also would have thought its for all Towers." If you're up for a quick browse, Andy has answered this before on a different thread.

what do u guys think are the best items for a carry tower thru the bonus rounds. i usually get shadow as my main after using scarecrow for the first 100-200 rounds (500 round games). i've been using only nature n darkness and i'm able to hit around 37k seconds on hard. currently using metro as well but only for mr iron.

well i can just say that you beat me by 7k sec and i still only play easy(personal record is just above 30k sec with all 3 decks) ;) i was thinking of going to hard once i get the wizard skillpoints where i want them, i always thought that demon blade was the shit, but i just made close to 20k sec on a 200 wave game(darkness only) and i didn't summon demon blade until late late game, and my main was still better without it so i put it on my 2nd carry, still have lots of testing to be done but my so far fav main item setup is: mreaver, soul reaper, spectral daggers and soon i will use spectral cape(100 more spectral shards to get it) but i still use blade of darkness instead and the last item stands between hydra and demon. my reason tells me to put hydra on my secondary and demon on main but it seems like i made more dmg with hydra? i think i will have it like this main: mreaver, soulreaper, spectral set, hydra secondary: blade of darkness, excalibur, demon blade, either 2 set withered or just 2 frozen hearts gib: 3 set withered, mjölner, lucky pants (if this won't work i will change hydra on main to demon) (i might also try to change 3 withered on gib to secondary and go with impatience on gib, so secondary will have blade of darkness, hydra(maybe excalibur) and 3 withered, and gib will have 3 impatience and excalibur(maybe hydra) + mjölner) abyss and knusper will marry and drink nillos and lucky potion for max bonus children and army, main and carry will drink the rest abyss king: dungeon door, helm of hades, 3x lucky pants knusperhexe: 3 set impatience, 2x lucky pants dark forge: 5x lucky pants(in a darkness only game i will also give him unlucky pants, but in a 3 deck game i will change location of dark forge to #16 and mr.iron will take his place on #9) i like mr.iron with 3 impatience(so i dont have to feed him all my speed items and swipe the mfor potions instead) and a 2 part withered. the remaining towers will all have 3 impatience and 2 withered, except for manitou in 3 deck games where i believe i will give him the unlucky pants instead, i still don't have the unlucky pants, they are my next goal after the spectral cape if i don't go for kiwi as i said you aleady beat my easy record on hard so you might not find my setups to be a winning one ;) hope you liked my ideas anyway =)

On shadow: Seelenreisser, demon blade ( >350dmg), reaver, specter set. Well placed knux and abyss are the key. 76k secs

i don't know why but in my current game i leak with a 494 demon blade but not with hydra? strange but it might be because hydra dmg is additive, but 494 base dmg seems like it should be better? i dunno..

That is pretty peculiar.

To me it seems that the Amp is for all towers. My main and sec Shadow at the current game (hard, 3 decks, ~32k BR) are both at 0.05 attackspeed. As is switched from 2 withered to full withered on sec i had a single boss which got amped for near 6 sec and my mains highest hit raised by ~120B. This happend two times than i switched back to 2 withered on sec Shadow and I got no raising max hit anymore. While this testing i used no potions on any tower. My main has seelenreisser, Reaver, Spectre Set and Hydra Arrow equipped with enough critrate for 13 multicrit.

im not sure either i just thought that the dmg increase is because of seelen, i made a topic before where i was wondering how my secondary with withered set was outperforming my main, if Amp was working for all towers then even if my secondary benefited from it then my main should have performed better than secondary anyway, but he didn't

Im not sure anymore since I ended this game XD My mains best was 1.9T and my sec had 1.3T.

hehe yeah its a real mystery ;)

Romeo, the forum is hard to browse on my mobile, can you please point to the post/thread where andy addressed the withered set?

I have a vague memory of a thread like that, i have been searching for it but i can't find it, i would also like to read the answer to clarify as it will probably change my gameplay and strategy =)

https://mazebert.com/forums/topic/withered-set/ Unless things have changed since then, the Amplification is from a single tower's attacks, with each attack resetting the Cooldown of its stacks.

Thanks alot @Romeo! then we know that and it is how i belived it to be, so that must be the same answer as why my secondary could outperform my main too =)

Neat, glad I could help!