Time Master skill - ingenious solution - but why only 1 Scepter for 1 skill point?

Hi, Andy I've been playing your game since before 1.00v and i believe it is most likely the best TD out there. I love building strategies and optimizing my set-up. It's one of the most rewarding things about this game. The amount of possibilities players have in the endgame is just amazing. Since there is no "creative" mode for trying out different combinations and testing out how different skills and tower abilities work together i find it frustrating how long i have to wait to advance my run to a stage where i can try out my ideas. In addition 500 wave runs take a tedious amount of time. I think the Time Master skill is a genius solution to this problem. It really helps high level players get more out of the game without wasting their time or boring them. Reducing the amount of time it takes for a run to get to the "good part" is just ingenious. My suggestion is - why not make the time master skill cost 10 skill points like before and make it drop more copies of the Scepter of time in the beginning or throughout the run. (It costing just 1 skill point doesn't really fit very well with the rest of the skills imo. I know it is like this because it is a must have for any experienced player. Still if it's a must have why not go all the way with it?) A small update to the skill would go such a long way for players like me! Having 3 or 4 scepters of time would make it much less likely for older players to put the game down. I believe that keeping your veteran player-base engaged is something you wouldn't overlook. I know you have a lot on your hands and a ton of suggestions like UI improvements, features like tower targeting options and what not. But this is a small tweak that shouldn't be hard to implement. I really admire what you are doing with this game and I would really appreciate your feedback on this suggestion. Cheers <3

First of all, thank you so much for the heads up! Currently the scepter of time situation is like this:
  • You gain one copy if you invest the skill point
  • You gain another copy (if you are in single player) once hitting bonus round
Right now MP games have the advantage that they can start with 2 scepters. Once I allow MP games with more than 2 players this will become even trickier, since you could end up with 3 or 4 scepters at the start of the game. My preferred solution would be to redesign the scepter.
  • Equipping the scepter does nothing, but grants an active ability
  • Triggering the ability toggles the game speed: 1x (normal), 2x (currently 1 scepter), 3x (new), 4x (currently 2 scepters)
  • The ability is global: Every player with a scepter can trigger it and the changed speed is applied to the entire game
I think this way you gain higher speeds without item micro-management. And MP games have no longer an early game advantage. I'm very glad you brought this up and I'm keen to hear what you think about it.

I would like to chime in here. I think getting the speed up and leaving the game has the disadvantage that you miss out on bonus time skip for the set. (Forgot the name) I think a function as in the replays much more interesting to add. Just skip a whole wave if you want, not that a general speed up should be dropped but it would be a nice addition.

I've implemented a new version of the Scepter of Time. https://mazebert.com/forum/news/scepter-of-time-after-dol--id1244/ Thanks for pointing it out - let me know if you like the new version better.